Bringing Home Your Champion
Application of Policy
“Personal Information” means information in any form about an identifiable individual, or an individual whose identity may be reasonably determined from the information excluding business contact information. Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, information such as name, age, marital status, home or mailing address, personal telephone numbers, social insurance number, bank account numbers, income, employment history and financial history.
OHS considers Personal Information provided by you to be private and confidential and accordingly we treat it with care. OHS:
- will protect privacy and confidentiality of your Personal Information with appropriate effective security safeguards;
- will be careful to ensure that Personal Information is used responsibly, and only for the purposes for which it is provided.
OHS does not involuntarily collect any Personal Information; rather such information is collected only when it is submitted voluntarily. OHS collects Personal Information about individuals participating in or impacted by its activities, including information regarding its customers. Information that OHS collects includes:
- contact and identification information, including name, address, email address and telephone number;
- ownership information with respect to horses being shipped by OHS;
- financial information, including banking information, tax information, occupation, payment information and credit or financial history; and
- regulatory process, license and permit application information, including information required by applicable government and other regulatory agencies or by law.
Use of Personal Information
OHS collects, uses and discloses Personal Information in order to conduct its business activities, which include:
- providing information to its affiliates, clients and other interested individuals;
- providing transportation services;
- managing customer relationships;
- administering contracts (including shipping contracts);
- complying with legal and regulatory requirements in the various jurisdictions in which OHS operates; and
- other reasonable purposes consistent with OHS’ business objectives.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Consent to Disclosure of Personal Information
Accessing, Correcting or Updating Your Personal Information
At any time, you may request that OHS correct or update your Personal Information by contacting the OHS Privacy Officer as set forth below. OHS will use reasonable efforts to ensure that your Personal Information is accurate and current.
Through the Website, OHS may automatically collect statistics about Internet service networks used to access the Website, including the IP address and domain used to access the Website, the type and version of a user’s browser, the website a user came from to access the Website, the page a user entered and exited at, any page of the Website that is viewed by that IP address and what country a user is from. Such information, if collected, is used for a number of different purposes including the tracking of the number of users visiting the website, the monitoring of Website performance and for OHS business purposes, such as working to continually upgrade the Website.
Links to Other Websites
Limitation of Liability
Use of Non-Personal Information
“Non-Personal Information” is information of an anonymous nature, such as a user’s Internet Protocol Address (“IP Address”), which is collected or derived by OHS in the course of operating the Website. For example, OHS’ Web servers may automatically collect Non-Personal Information which is provided through a user’s browser when users choose to visit the Website.
Overseas Horse Services Ltd.
Attn: Privacy Officer
Suite 205, 701 3rd Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Alberta T2P 5R3
Version Date: December 2022